tidings of great joy.

2:58 PM Elizabeth 1 Comments

We all know those familiar words in the second chapter of Luke.

Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.


And I love these words in Mosiah 3.

Awake, and hear the words which I shall tell thee; for behold, I am come to declare unto you the glad tidings of great joy.
For behold, the time cometh, and is not far distant, that with power, the Lord Omnipotent who reigneth, who was, and is from all eternity to all eternity, shall come down from heaven among the children of men, and shall dwell in a tabernacle of clay, and shall go forth amongst men, working mighty miracles.
...And lo, he cometh untio his own, that salvation might come unto the children of men even through faith on his name.



These are tidings of great joy: the birth and life of Jesus Christ, and His Atonement. No one could ask for a better gift. Merry Christmas!

1 comment :