Canyonlands

11:30 PM Elizabeth 0 Comments


Don't these look like photos from an alien planet? Nope, they're Earth—right there in southern Utah. M and I took a roadtrip to Moab a couple of weeks ago and had lots of adventures and lots of laughs. These two photos are from Canyonlands National Park, which now I have been reading a lot about in "The Sound of Mountain Water" by Wallace Stegner. I have always counted myself an east coast girl, but more and more the west is winning me over. Divided loyalties seem to be my lot in life (italiano vs. français, east vs. west, Paris vs. camping, etc. etc. you get the picture).

 . . . . 

Tonight as I stepped out of my car to go inside, I found a smattering of stars in the sky above me. The Big Dipper, Orion's Belt, and many more that I wish I could name. I am filled with so much awe and wonder at our world, and I am filled with a happiness that is deep and abiding, that doesn't change when so many other things do.

0 notes :