San Francisco

7:19 PM Elizabeth 2 Comments

This weekend I went to San Francisco with Emily and Caroline and we had such a great time. Most of the photos below are of food that I ate but it was the best way to celebrate a birthday weekend in my opinion.

Pizzeria Delfina. The panna pizza was unreal (panna means cream. yes).
Bi-Rite round one.

Dandelion Chocolate. We walked past and obviously had to go in. I love the way they tell their story with chalk drawings on a long chalkboard wall, and with the chocolate-making machinery visible for all to see. And this Nutella-stuffed cookie was something else (imagine the taste of Nutella but with darker, richer, silkier chocolate—this cookie was stuffed with that and a tiny bit of fleur de sel on top).

A gougère from Tartine—oh my. (not pictured: hazelnut chocolate tart.)

Ranunculus at Bi-Rite Market. so so pretty

BI-RITE CREAMERY. Their Meyer Lemon ice cream (top scoop) is out of this world. (the other flavors here are mint chip and TCHO chocolate. and on our other visit I had the mint again and Hazelnut with Askinosie cocoa nibs)

Diner girls

caught in the act of taking this candid...

I love love loved that this playground in Alamo Square mimicked the Painted Ladies just across the street (behind Emily in the other photo above).

I heart weekend trips and good food and bay air and city adventures.

2 comments :

  1. I love your life! Plus: default mint chocolate chip. :) I love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could've made it work—love you and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete