just call me jo
theme: Audrey-inspired
One of my favorite bookstores recently moved to a new location, and when I stepped inside it immediately reminded me of the bookstore at the beginning of "Funny Face." I love Audrey's character in the film, Jo Stockton, the Greenwich Village bookshop girl.
The irony was not lost on me that on Saturday, when Emily accompanied me inside it was for a photoshoot, which in the film occurs much to Jo's dismay when a crew from a fashion magazine descends and leaves the store a mess. Don't worry, we made sure to ask for permission and to put the books back where we found them.
(I also love the name connections: to one of my favorite literary women, Jo March, and we cannot forget Joe Fox.)

Where is this lovely bookstore? Plus, every time you share something I want to go research it and watch/read/enjoy it so that I can be as classy as you! I love you!
ReplyDeleteLove this. A lot.
ReplyDeleteAnd "F-O-X," so great :)
Mackenzie - this is Pioneer Books and it's on west Center Street! (around 450 W)
ReplyDelete