we're easily amused.
We had cable at our hotel in Bologna and after we returned from our day of exploring, we flipped channels for some listening practice. We happened upon Italia's Next Top Model, About a Boy dubbed in Italian, and this rather delightful children's show.A brief synopsis: the farm animals were trying to imitate Lester the rooster (Alexa's favorite) crowing, and in the process, lost their voices, "Mi fa tanto male la gola!" (my throat hurts very badly!). Then they tried to find various objects that make noise (bouncy ball, bell, radio, etc.) since they'd lost their voices.
"Ma che cosa fai!" (What are you doing!), "Ecco!" (There he is!) Oh we still think it's so great and laugh just as hard.
And here is a clip of About a Boy, I do love that movie.
It was interesting to watch television in Italian, because it served as a gauge to see how well I understand. I could understand almost everything (even the commercials, when the people talk a kilometer-a-minute), whereas a few months ago, I would not have been able to grasp quite as much. If nothing else, spending a few months in Tuscany has helped me improve in understanding people who speak quickly. And the people on television speak much clearer than the Sienese.

0 notes :