Glacier • part II
One of my favorite Glacier moments was our afternoon at Lake McDonald. We splashed in the water and skipped rocks (until swimmers impeded our range) while we waited for available kayaks at a local rental. Please take note of how clear the water is!!! The photo above I took on my phone (#nofilter) and the one below with my Canon to better capture the colors of the pebbles on the lake bottom. This photo is taken through several inches of water, but you can't tell! Even out in the middle of the lake, the water was perfectly clear while appearing a beautiful turquoise color in its depths and I could see the shadow of my kayak on the bottom of the lake. I was in complete awe and obviously I still am. Kayaking was glorious and I jumped in the water with the other girls to swim for a bit. It was chilly but so refreshing and clean.
Have you ever played "Bang!"? It is pretty great and always hilarious. I also love it particularly because of its Italian spaghetti western roots. The whole game is written in Italian with English translations (I love that outlaw is a literal translation: "fuorilegge").
One of my other favorite hikes was to Avalanche Lake by way of a path trailing Avalanche Creek (above) through the Glacier iteration of the Forbidden Forest
And maybe we ate our weight in huckleberry ice cream while in Montana... huckleberry heaven indeed.
Pulling off to enjoy the view on Going-to-the-Sun Road. We drove this route several times over the course of the week and it was spectacular (and even more so at sunset).
We found this photo is comical for several reasons, one of them being that you can bisect the photo by skin tone. SPF 50 for the win.
Mostly I cannot recommend going to Glacier NP highly enough!









0 notes :