Portland / the city
I spent the 4th of July weekend roadtripping to and from Portland with Adrienne, Jess, and Preston. The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful and unique.
Possibly my favorite part of exploring Portland was the hour spent in Powell's Books. Akin to Strand in NYC, another favorite, the bookstore takes up a whole city block! It's divided into colored rooms and further into categories of books. While I love pokey bookshops and making discoveries browsing in corners and tiny rooms, the vast expanse of shelves and books in Powell's is amazing. All those books! Because they have so many, the categories are really well-defined and rather extensive. For example, the travel section was split into general travel writing, travel writing by location, and travel books & guides. Cloud nine, people.
Adrienne and I are obsessed with labradoodles/goldendoodles and saw SO MANY in Portland. Happiness.
The following photos are part of a series entitled: "Things I Would Have Liked to Eat (and Some That I Did) at the Portland Farmer's Market"
(I consumed a large quantity of berries even before leaving the market. So so good.)
We also stopped by Saturday's Market, one of Jess's favorite Portland spots.
Such a good weekend with these kids.






This looks like a good road trip group!
ReplyDelete