all hallows eve

11:37 PM Elizabeth 0 Comments

I've recently figured out why I love Halloween so much—beyond the childhood associations and traditions of Halloween, I always love the opportunity it provides to wake my dormant creativity. I was with my sisters at the Deseret Industries looking for trench coats for a photography project of Lauren's and I came across a snowsuit jumpsuit from the 1980s complete with a utility belt. When a gem like this surfaces, it seems too good to pass up and inevitably an idea will follow, which it did. One quick stop in the flag store down the block from my office and a little sewing did the trick and my snowsuit repurposed as a NASA uniform kept me nice and warm all night.

April O'Neil, sidekick of the TMNT
Miss Scarlet, in the corridor, with the knife (Clue, anyone?)
I heart NASA [but I don't work for them]


I am thankful for friends who will accompany me in costume to social events none of us really feel like going to, but which by making appearances we can meet our quota. Also I'm glad that together we form the primary colors. The best.

0 notes :