the District

9:37 PM Elizabeth 3 Comments

Capitol Hill Books
in the Library of Congress
the less-funny shadow photo
Renoir in the National Gallery of Art. this print hung in my bedroom when I was little!
Pennsylvania Avenue & the Capitol

DC favorites:
• an entire weekend plus some with this girl (and her really great roommates)
• baby Barack and baby Michelle (aka presidential family photos) and Charles P. Ingalls' homestead papers (as in the father of Laura Ingalls Wilder!!!) at the National Archives
• the Amelia Earhart room in the National Portrait Gallery
• the security guard at the Georgetown University library: "Melissa in da house!"
• PITANGO
• the fact that every museum I visited this weekend was free to visit. I'm so thankful for opportunities to see and take in rooms upon rooms of incredible artwork and exhibits for free.
• visiting the Library of Congress with M. We were feeling oh so covetous of their beautiful reading room.
• so much delicious food. (Le Pain Quotidien, Busboys and Poets, Baked and Wired, Seventh Hill Pizza, Cheesetique, Jeni's)

basically the whole weekend. It was the best.

3 comments :

  1. That was so nice of you to lend your Renoir to the National Gallery of Art! (hahaha...) I remember that though, how we all thought you looked a little like that little girl. Also, your pictures are always so beautiful! Jealous of your jaunt in DC. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Your snow pictures really were beyond belief. So, so gorgeous. And I love the pics of the VanDerwerken sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pizza is making me so hungry right now! I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete