festeggiamo

10:58 PM Elizabeth 0 Comments

My dear friend Lauren and I have created a reputation for ourselves. We threw a fall party in October, and last weekend we continued the seasonal tradition with a winter party that had an even better turnout and response. I have come to realize that I enjoy throwing parties because doing so involves several elements that I love: making food, music, and friends. I think these parties in particular have been great because they've allowed us to combine our different groups of friends.

The week before Thanksgiving, Adrienne got a free turkey from her work which we cooked for "Friendsgiving" and we had an almost complete Thanksgiving dinner! This was especially timely since Emily and I went to San Francisco for Thanksgiving, so we were able to participate in traditional Thanksgiving festivities beforehand.




I need to be better at taking photos during these parties, but I always come away with at least a few funny blurry ones on my phone (such as Adrienne with an indian corn headdress at the fall party and Adrienne drinking hot chocolate and fogging up her glasses at the winter party. in other words, lots of silly photos of Adrienne).

(I don't have a good photo, but we made these chocolate and peanut butter acorns for the fall party and they were a hit. Thanks, Martha.)

(Also the idea of butcher paper with a seasonally inspired question "What do you love about fall?" and "What do you love about winter/Christmas?" is reminiscent of my and my sisters' childhood birthday parties, where my parents would roll out butcher paper on the table and give us drawing materials)

0 notes :