un'avventura

1:56 AM Elizabeth 1 Comments

Yesterday, Layne and I went on a little adventure (my fellow Italian students will better know this as the contrada walking tour that I've been putting off for months) and discovered some gems in Siena!

Siena's somewhat secret (hidden) botanical gardens were beautiful! I loved all the different types of plants, and stepping into the greenhouses was such a familiar feeling (having worked in greenhouses often).


We also stopped in a natural history museum. Most impressive was this skeleton hanging in the courtyard, but the collection was so vast; room after room of the museum was filled with glass-fronted cabinets of carefully catalogued items and dusty volumes.


I love little adventures that result in discoveries like this.

1 comment :

  1. this really was an incredible adventure! the dinosaur bones were a welcome surprise. As was the marvelous botanical garden. Siena just keeps getting better!

    ReplyDelete